Performance Testing and Monitoring Tools allow you to measure the performance of a Dynamics 365 Business Central Server system and to detect and diagnose issues in production environments. Learning about the performance testing and monitoring tools will enable you to answer questions such as:
How do I determine if my Business Central Server deployment can support 100/300/500 users?
How can I measure the impact of changes to my Business Central Server solution or infrastructure?
How do I know what is happening on my Business Central Server when users experience performance issues?
How can I see what are the most expensive/frequent operations on my NAV Server?
In this course former MS Senior Engineering Lead Dynamics NAV David Worthington will cover the following topics:
- How to run simple load test against Business Central using Visual Studio.
- How to write your own load test scenarios using Visual Studio.
- How to use Visual Studio Online to load test a Business Central Server running in Microsoft Azure.
- How to monitor the performance of Business Central Server using Windows Performance Monitor
- How to monitor Business Central Server Events using Event Viewer
- How to monitor Business Central Server Trace Events using PerfView
- How to analyze Business Central Server Events using the NAV Application Profiler
Day 1: Load Testing
- Development Environment Setup
- Running Business Central Load Tests
- Comparing Test Results
- Write Load Test Scenarios
- Simulate many simultaneous users
- Use Load Test Agents
- Write Scenarios against custom solutions
Day 2: Monitoring and Analyzing Performance
- Monitor Business Central Server using Windows Performance Monitor
- Monitor Business Central Server Events using Event Viewer
- Introduction to Business Central Server Events
- Setup the Business Central Application Profiler
- How to analyze NAV Server Events using the Business Central Application Profiler
- Analyze Business Central Server Trace Events using PerfView
SCHEDULE – NL
April 24 & 25, 2019 – Registration