Fixing Trouble with Microsoft Dynamics NAV and Microsoft SQL Server
This two day course will be a deep dive into the areas of performance troubleshooting a NAV/SQL system – platform/infrastructure, query strategy/programming and blocking/deadlocking.
It will be explained where problems can originate from, how to detect & analyze them and finally how to potentially resolve them.
Doing so, plenty of useful tools will also be demonstrated and provided, to enable the attendees to start the optimization of their NAV/SQL systems themselves.
- Experienced NAV/SQL Administrators
- Experiences NAV Developers
- General knowledge about computer hardware and Windows OS.
- Basic knowledge and experience in SQL Server and Dynamics NAV installation & configuration.
- Advanced knowledge and experience in NAV programming.
Day 1 – session 1:
Windows Performance Monitoring:
- Windows Performance Monitor
- SQL Server Environment
- Configuration of SQL Server and Database
- SQL Server Wait Statistics
- NAV Client/Service Tier Environment
- Configuration of NST
Day 1 – Session 2:
- Indexes with NAV & SQL
- Expensive Queries & SQL Profiling
- Query Execution Plans & Missing Index Proposals
- FIND commands
- NAV 2013+: “SQL Trace” & “NAV Application Profiler”
Day 2 – Session 3:
- Lock Modes
- Lock Granularity
- Transaction Isolation Levels
- Detecting Blocks
- Detecting Deadlocks
- Prevention & Resolution
Day 2 – Session 4:
- Database Maintenance
- Backup Strategy & High Availability
- Security & Auditing
- Data Compression
Jörg A. Stryk
SCHEDULE – NL
March 10 & 11, 2015 – Registration November 21 & 22, 2016 – Registration